We encourage writers and artists to submit their work for online and print publication by the San Antonio Review.
To help us keep submissions organized, we ask that you submit your work in the following manner:
- Written work should be submitted in final form.
- Don’t forget to include a short biography inside the document.
- All submission file names should include your last name, genre and date submitted.
- Art files should be of the highest possible quality.
- In general, we use AP Style, but we make exceptions on a work-by-work basis.
- Please limit your submission to five poems, 9,000 words or five images.
Genres include but are not limited to:
- Theory (critical, political, cultural, literary, etc.)
- Visual Art
- Experimental work
We publish a wide variety of work. If you think your work doesn’t fit into a listed genre, submit it anyway with your suggestion(s) for how we work together.
Acceptance does not guarantee publication in the print edition. All writers and artists published in the print edition receive a free copy.
Review materials may be sent to:
P.O. Box 49589
Austin, TX 78765-9589
We try to respond as quickly as possible but receive many, many submissions (and have day jobs). Please have patience.
We look forward to reviewing your submissions.