We encourage writers and artists to submit their work for online and print publication by the San Antonio Review.
To help us keep submissions organized, we ask that you submit your work in the following manner:
- Please insert your work into this template.
- Written work should be submitted in final form.
- Don’t forget to include a short biography inside the document.
- All submission file names should include your last name, genre and date submitted.
- Art files should be of the highest possible quality and may be attached to your email.
- In general, we use AP Style, but we make exceptions on a work-by-work basis.
- Please limit your submission to three poems, 10,000 words or three images per email.
- Please use the heading “[time-sensitive]” in the subject of your email if it applies to your piece’s topic.
Genres include but are not limited to:
- Visual Art
- Critical theory
- Experimental work
We publish a wide variety of work. If you think your work doesn’t fit into a listed genre, submit it anyway with your suggestion(s) for how we work together.
Acceptance does not guarantee publication in the print edition. All writers and artists published in the print edition receive a free copy.
Upload your completed submission in the above template here:
Alternatively, you may email your submission to email@example.com.
Review materials may be sent to:
P.O. Box 49589
Austin, TX 78765-9589
We try to respond as quickly as possible but receive many, many submissions (and have day jobs). Please have patience.
We look forward to reviewing your submissions.